605/35 Spring Street
Sydney NSW 2029
(1) 1972 B.Sc. (Witwatersrand)
Sub-majors: Biochemistry and Zoology.
(2) 1976 B.D.S. (Witwatersrand)
(3) 1982 M.D.Sc. (Sydney University)
(4) 2004 Awarded Fellow of the International College of Dentists (FICD)
1983 Approved by Dental Board of NSW.
Practice at this time is restricted to prosthodontics with a special interest in orofacial pain dysfunction.
LIST OF APPOINTMENTS, WHICH HAVE BEEN HELD.
(1) Visiting Dental Specialist to The United Dental Hospital
(2) Visiting Dental Specialist for the Department of Repatriation and Veterans’ Affairs to Concorde
(3) Visiting Dental Officer (Prosthodontics) Westmead Hospital,.
(4) Deputy Director, Orofacial Pain Clinic, Sydney University Faculty of Dentistry
(5) Prosthodontic Graduate Program Planning Committee
(6) Co-ordinator of the Graduate Prosthodontic Orofacial Pain and Craniomandibular Disorders
(7) Co-ordinator of the Graduate Prosthodontic Occlusion Program
(8) Honorary Specialist Clinical Associate, Sydney University Faculty of Dentistry
(9) Department of Veterans Affairs – Consultant in Prosthodontics
(10) Membership of the University of Sydney Committee for appointment of an interdisciplinary
lectureship in the School of Dental Studies
(11) Member of the Editorial Advisory Board of the Journal of Aesthetic Dentistry, Australasian
(12) Honorary Consultant in Prosthodontics, Prince of Wales Group of Hospitals
DENTAL PRIZES AND AWARDS
(1) 1974 Middleton Shaw Prize of Odontological Society of South Africa for the best student
research of that year.
(2) 1975 Floyd Memorial Award for best student research publication that year.
(3) 1976 Recipient of the Operative Dentistry Medal of the Dental Association of South Africa
awarded to the most distinguished final year student of Operative Dentistry, judged on a
practical as well as academic level.
MEMBERSHIPS: Past and present
(1) Australian Dental Association.
(2) International Association for the Study of Pain.
(3) Australian Headache Society.
(4) Australian Society for the Advancement of Anaesthesia and Sedation in Dentistry.
(a) State Branch Committee Member 1979 – 1981.
State Branch Secretary 1982.
Federal Committee Member 1982.
(b) Taught at numerous relative analgesia postgraduate courses.
(c) 1979 Course Director for Intravenous Diazepam Course.
(d) 1980 Awarded Peer Review Evaluation Certificate.
(e) 1982 Course Director for Advanced Anaesthesia Course.
(f) 1982 Lecturer on Respiratory Anatomy and Physiology at
Dental Emergencies Course.
(5) Australian Prosthodontic Society.
(6) Australian Society of Periodontology.
(7) Australian Society of Endodontology.
(8) Eastern Suburbs Dental Group.
(a) Committee Member for 1984 – 2000
(b) Vice President for 1986 – 1987.
(c) President 1988 – 1989.
(9) The Society for Osseointegration.
(10) Alpha Omega International Dental Fraternity.
(a) Charter Member and secretary 1985
(b) Vice-President for 1989 – 1990.
(c) President for 1991 – 1992.
(d) Regent Elect 1994 – 1995
(e) Regent 1996 – 1997
(11) Academy of Australian & New Zealand Prosthodontists.
(12) International academy of Prosthodontists
(13) Dental Aesthetics and Ceramics Society
Committee member 1997 – 1999
President 2000 – 2001
(14) Seattle study club member
1. Scientific Journals
(1) Baetz, K., Sledziewsky, W. – The effects of some commonly found salts in tap water on the expansion of inlays. J. Dent. Ass., S.Afr, Vol 30, No 7, pp 603-606 1975.
(2) Baetz, K., Sledziewsky, W. – Recognition and Management of the Battered Child Syndrome. J. Dent. Ass., S.Afr, Vol 32, No1, pp 13-18 1977.
(3) Baetz, K., Klineberg, I. – The Reproducibility of the T.M.J. Stereographic Articulator. Aust Dent J 1986; 31:117-123.
(4) Baetz, K., Klineberg, I. – Psoriatic arthritis of the Temporomandibular Joints: ÜA case report. Aust Dent J 1986; 31:335-339.
(1) Baetz, K. Klineberg, I. – An Analysis of Stereographic Jaw Recording Techniques. presented at I.A.D.R. Congress, Brisbane, 1981.
(2) Baetz, K. Laks, L. -An Analysis of Mandibular Anterior Repositioning Devices in the Treatment of Obstructive Sleep Apnoea. Presented at the tenth annual Conference of the Australasian Sleep Association, Sydney, October, 1981.
LECTURES BY INVITATION
Lectures in the fields of:
(1) Prosthodontics, Orofacial pain, Articulators and their role in prosthodontics,
Temporomandibular joint dysfunction and Clinical Application of transcutaneous electrical
nerve stimulation to regional groups of the Australian Dental Association, including:
The Northern Suburbs Dental Group;
The Australian Society of Implant Dentistry;
The Eastern Suburbs Dental Group;
Dental Chairside Assistants of Westmead Hospital;
The Macquarie Dental Study Group;
Australian Society for the Advancement of Anaesthesia and
Sedation in Dentistry;
The Australian Prosthodontics Society;
(2) Australian Dental Association Congress, Adelaide, March 1991: “Biotechnology in the management of Craniomandibular Disorders”.
(3) Alpha Omega Australia and Australian Jewish Medical Federation, combined meeting at Coffs Harbour, January 1994: “Temporomandibular joint pain and dysfunction”
(4) Panelist: Snoring and Obstructive Sleep Apnoea seminar, University of New South Wales. June 1999.
(5) Alpha Omega Australia and Australian Jewish Medical Federation,
combined meeting at Coffs Harbour, January 2000:
“Dental Treatment of Sleep Apnoea: A prosthodontists view.”
(1) Clinical Supervision of M.D.Sc. students in prosthodontics and orofacial pain, United Dental Hospital of Sydney and Westmead Hospital Dental Clinical School
(2) Lectures as required for M.D.Sc. Program in Prosthodontics
(3) Tutorials as required for M.D.Sc. Program in Prosthodontics
(4) Lectures as required, Dental Nurses Training Program, Westmead Hospital
(5) Examiner for M.D.Sc. in Prosthodontics
(1) Project for M.D.Sc. Thesis submitted and awarded 1982. Titled: An Analysis of Stereographic Jaw Recording Techniques.
(2) 1974 Undergraduate Elective Project. Published as: The effects of some commonly found salts in tap water on the expansion of inlays. J. Dent. Ass., S.Afr, Vol 30, No 7, pp 603-606: 1975.
(1) 1981 – 1998 – Patron of the Central Coast Cystic Fibrosis Society